Saturday, May 21, 2011

Traveling in the SubContinent

Ok, not really.  That's reserved  for india.  But I'll be traveling for a few weeks south of india.  So maybe south of the sub?  Sub south?  Sub sub?   Provided that the world does not end tonight I have a large stack of fun books to get through.  I intend to read them all.  I assume I'll only get through 1 or 2.  Here they are in no particular order.  Votes and recs welcome:

Kushiel's Dart (Kushiel's Legacy, #1)Kushiels's Dart.  I heard this book was very...interesting.  I say: perfect!  I will report my findings.





The Beautiful and Damned (Enriched Classics)  The Beautiful and the Damned.  In the interest of full disclosure, I do love Fitzgerald but never would have thought of reading this until I watched the season finale of gossip girl.  That's right.  I just said that.

The Swan Thieves The Swan Thieves.  This one isn't getting great reviews but I love Kostova's writing.  I wish her words could be brought out to me on a plate so I could scarf it all down.  Without calories of course.

The Paris Wife  The Paris Wife.  This could be great or god awful.  I'm willing to take a chance.  Crappy books are so much less annoying while staring at an ocean and sitting in the sun.  I'm not trying to rub it in, I'm just stating fact.

The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2)  Wise Man's Fear.  I've been waiting 3 years for this to come out and have completely forgotten all of book 1.  I remember soemthing about a boy who lives on the street.  Then goes to school and becomes a really good musician.  Really, that's all I remember.  This isn't a comment on Rothfuss but rather my memory.  Hopefully I can pick this up without rereading book 1 because that was a really big book.











No comments:

Post a Comment