Friday, January 29, 2010

January Reading

Instead of going over every book from the month since it’s very redundant with my goodreads page, I thought I’d just report on my favs.


This month I had 3!

The Count of Monte Cristo
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
 
This is really a tome. A TOME I tell ya.  But worth it.  I also rewatched 'V for Vendetta' this week and was joyfully surprised at all the references I got.
 
Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea

Nothing to Envy:  Ordinary Lives in North Korea by Barbara Demick

This is nonfiction but written more like a historical fiction novel with not only political insight but how it touches individual lives.  I highly recommend this book.

The Gargoyle

The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson

This one hit my all time favorite book shelf.  Very graphic but the writing was extrodinary.  Looking forward to Davidson's new book.

Come join me on goodreads!  I love this site.  My Goodreads link:  http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2810793-aj

No comments:

Post a Comment