Friday, August 14, 2020

2020 ADK Journal (aka why haven't i kept up with this AT ALL)

 Sunday, August 9th

Left Boston way late.  However the drive up to immediate load onto Ferry was a great welcome.  Got to Nadal camp at 5.  Lots of greetings sans Elbows and Masks.  The YEAR OF COVID officially starts!  Alli and Ben started dinner.  We ate on the porch with masks.  Drank with masks.  Luca and Penny can share the same house!  Alli, Ben and kids went back to Judy's camp.  Jude Jim and Tobin went to sleep.  Pilar and I stayed up talking for awhile.  I picked the room above the kitchen and went to bed.  

Monday August 10th

Woke up to annoying text fight.  And that's all I will say about that.  Wow, is it warm here this year!  Pilar and Jude went to Jude's camp, I stayed and hung out on dock with Jim.  Went swimming with Tobin.  Water was delightful.  Dock is all rotted, we watch people trip or almost fall in a lot.  I started drinking at lunch, no one made fun of me.  Pilar got mini ice cream sandwiches which we ate as appetizers. Monday night was my dinner night, made a meat smorgasbord, worked the grill, had no idea what i was doing but somehow all the meats came out fine.  After Dinner I said, "oh look, there's a rainbow."  no one believed me. It was there.  Alli, Pilar and I took a driveway walk. Stayed up and talked to pilar.  went to bed.

Tuesday, August 11th

Warm day again, lots of dock swimming and hanging.  Driveway walks, reading.  Brooks and his finance amanda came over and swam.  We no longer have masks on when we are on the porch.  Sometimes we don't have them on in the kitchen!  Another rainbow tonight!  It was better than yesterdays!  after dinner we get ice cream (i got a hot fudge sunday, should have gone with a shake).  Got back from ice cream, went to bed.  We are old.

Wednesday, August 12th

Found a house to buy!  Everyone is very excited. 1/2 hour from pilar camp.  Went to Judy's camp to see ben and alli.  Hung out on dock.  Took boat out and did some skiing and tubing.  I got dropped off at Nadal dock with Penny, Penny did not like that boat!  Hung out and swam.  Alli and Ben and family came over, ate lunch, said goodbye.  Some dog drama as Luca tried to eat Penny. Tobin made dinner.  We decided to stay up for the persiods.  Drank lots of wine and then went to the dock and watched the stars for a long time.  It was a good viewing.

Thursday, August 13th.

Sadly pack.  sadly sit on docks for the last time.  Tobin brings Pilar and I breakfast.  I read and drink coffee.  Then I say goodbye.







No comments:

Post a Comment