Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer Reading

I hate typing the title of this post as it means the end of summer is imminent.

Here are my favs from the past few months:

True Confections: A Novel
Strangely loveable book with the main characters voice one of the more interesting I've read in awhile.  Very easy beach read but it still makes you think.  A very pleasant summer surprise.

The Windup Girl Dark, violent, graphic but oh so relevant.  This won the Hugo this year and it's very easy to see why.  Pablo writes like a journalist (or rather writes like journalists SHOULD write) which gives you the reader a lot of room to think. 

Ender's Game I love this book.  I really do like everything about it.  Perfect mix of young adult angst, sci fi, and human emotion.   As my friend Jane pointed out, it's a shame that Orson Scott Card is such a jackass. 

Any fav books this summer that you read?  Tell me about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment