Friday, November 27, 2009

lights! Firecrackers! heartattack!

I am slightly conflicted about Mumbai. I like the city the best, especially visually, when it's a festival time: there are amazing lights all over the place, the energy in the city picks up but somehow radiates more ease making it less rat racy and more vibrant. However, the noises...oh gawd the noises! They will drive me batty.

Yesterday was Eid and there were no firecrackers at all. I don't want to get into a religious argument but as of now, Islam is winning over Hinduism in the celebration festival column.

I realized this week that I haven't left Mumbai since I've arrived here August 13th (which I believe would skew any reasonable person to irrate ideas). So in order to combat that issue I just booked a trip to Goa. I'm quite excited to get away for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment